As an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, Danny Glover has seen firsthand the devastating consequences that can result from a motorcycle accident.
Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable to serious injuries in a collision, and accidents involving motorcycles can be much more complex than those involving cars or trucks.
In this blog post, we will discuss the unique nature of motorcycle wrecks, common types of accidents and injuries, damages, insurance claims, and why you need a local Outer Banks motorcycle accident lawyer.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents and Common Injuries
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, including driver error, hazardous road conditions, and defective equipment. Some of the most common types of motorcycle accidents include:
- Head-on collisions: These are often a severe type of motorcycle crash, and can result in serious or fatal injuries when the motorcyclist is struck by another vehicle.
- Lane splitting accidents: Lane splitting is when a motorcyclist rides between two lanes of traffic, often in heavy traffic. These accidents can be caused by drivers not seeing the motorcyclist or by the motorcyclist losing control.
- Rear-end collisions: Motorcyclists are often rear-ended by cars that are following too closely. This can cause the motorcyclist to be thrown from their bike or to collide with the car in front of them.
- Intersection accidents: These accidents can be caused by vehicles that fail to yield the right of way to a motorcyclist or who run red lights or stop signs.
- Road hazard accidents: Motorcycles are more vulnerable to road hazards like potholes, loose gravel, and wet or slick surfaces.
- Drunk Drivers / Reckless Drivers: The consequences of drunk driving is all the more serious in motorcycle accidents.
Injuries in motorcycle accidents can range from minor cuts and bruises to severe, life-altering injuries. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Road rash: This type of skin abrasion can occur when a motorcyclist slides on the pavement. Road rash can range from minor scrapes to deep wounds that require skin grafts.
- Broken bones: Motorcycle accidents often result in broken bones, including arms, legs, ribs, and collarbones.
- Head injuries: Head injuries can range from mild concussions to traumatic brain injuries, which can result in permanent disability or death.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis or loss of sensation and function in various parts of the body.
The Importance of Insurance Claims After a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, filing an insurance claim as soon as possible is important. Insurance claims can help you recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
However, dealing with insurance companies can be complicated and time-consuming, especially if you are still recovering from your injuries if your bike ran off the road.
That is why it is important to work with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who can help you navigate the claims process and work to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. A motorcycle accident lawyer can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, visit the scene of the accident, inspect your bike, gather evidence to support your claim and advocate for your rights in court if necessary.
Why You Need a local Outer Banks Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents on the Outer Banks can be particularly challenging to navigate because of the area’s unique nature. The Outer Banks are known for their beautiful beaches and scenic views, but they are also home to narrow roads, heavy traffic, and unpredictable weather conditions.
Furthermore, many people injured in motorcycle accidents on the OBX are not from or live near the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
Danny Glover is a local Outer Banks motorcycle accident lawyer.
He understands motorcyclists’ unique challenges on the Outer Banks and would like to help you build a case for compensation. An experienced lawyer can explain your legal rights, work to seek the full and fair compensation you deserve, and help protect your interests throughout the legal process.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident on the Outer Banks, don’t hesitate to contact experienced Outer Banks motorcycle accident lawyer Danny Glover today. We’d be honored to help you recover the damages you deserve and get your life back on track.
OBX Motorcycle Accidents – We’d Like to Help
As a North Eastern North Carolina law firm, we help people involved in places like:
- Kill Devil Hills
- Nags Head
- Southern Shores
- Kitty Hawk
- Elizabeth City
Want more information about Motorcycle Accidents and Your Legal Rights?
- Learn more about Motorcycle Accident claims in North Carolina
- Claims for Motorcycle Injuries: How They’re Different
- Making Insurance Claims for Motorcycle Wrecks
- Your Guide to Wrongful Death Cases
- Accident Claims Against At-Fault Driver Who Was Drunk Driving
- North Carolina Insurance Claims for Catastrophic Injuries
- What is the Value of Your Personal Injury Claim?
- Danny Glover Jr – OBX Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Don’t Wait: Statute of Limitations in North Carolina
- Outer Banks Harley Davidson Bike Week