Danny Glover, Jr.Owner
Danny Glover Jr., a 1995 University of North Carolina School of Law graduate, has obtained some of the largest settlements and verdicts in northeastern North Carolina. His practice is dedicated to protecting the rights of those who are injured by the negligent or reckless acts of others and standing up to insurance companies that try to take advantage of injured people.
He has also handled thousands of cases for people of all ages who suffered serious injuries or wrongful deaths from car and truck wrecks, motorcycle wrecks, pedestrian and bicyclist accidents, and he has recovered millions and millions of dollars for his clients over that time.
His knowledgeable staff at Glover Law Firm believe in maintaining constant and personal communication with their clients throughout the entire case so that we can make sure that we are providing all of the help and assistance that our clients need, whether it is dealing with health insurance companies, obtaining the best and necessary medical care possible, working with employers regarding our client's lost wages, and/or fighting against the responsible insurance companies who will constantly try to lowball and shortchange our clients through the entire claims process.
Danny is licensed to practice in all of North Carolina’s state and federal courts, and he has more than 23 years of experience helping his clients obtain justice after they are injured through no fault of their own. Danny has helped thousands of personal injury victims and their families throughout Northeastern North Carolina recover the compensation they need to carry on with their lives after a traumatic accident, including some of the largest verdicts and settlements in our region’s history.
He has developed a statewide reputation as a stubborn and determined advocate and fighter for his clients, whether it is in settlement negotiations or in court. Insurance companies know that, unlike large injury law firms who advertise on TV and send fancy mailing packages and then simply try to get quick settlements in order to cover their expensive overhead, Danny will not hesitate to file suit and take his client's case to court if the insurance company fails to offer full and fair compensation and settlement money to our clients.
Frequently, by filing suit and fighting the case in court, Danny is able to get pre-suit insurance settlement offers doubled, tripled or more. For over 23 years, he has studied best practices and developed processes and techniques that allow him to obtain the best possible results for his injured clients and the families of those killed by the negligence or carelessness of inattentive motorists or greedy companies. He has been so successful in helping his clients obtain top settlements and verdicts that in 2014 he was elected the President of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, the statewide trial lawyers organization boasting over 3,000 members across the state.Recognition & Respect
Danny has received numerous accolades for his work, including his election as President of the N.C. Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) and his receipt of the prestigious Ebbie Award Citation of Excellence from Danny Glover, Jr. from NCAJ. Danny has also been honored by North Carolina Super Lawyers, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Best Lawyers, and he has served as the Chair of the NCAJ’s Auto Torts (car wrecks) Section.Outstanding Resources
In addition to featuring one of the most experienced personal injury attorneys in northeastern North Carolina, our firm also works with skilled investigators and highly qualified medical, engineering and accident reconstruction experts, and we use the latest, cutting-edge technology to develop and present our cases.
In every case, our attorney and staff strive to provide compassionate, professional and aggressive legal assistance for our clients.Contact Us Today
Glover Law Firm, helps personal injury victims throughout Northeastern North Carolina, the Outer Banks of North Carolina, including those in Elizabeth City, Edenton, Hertford, Camden, Manteo, Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills, Duck, Corolla and surrounding areas in Pasquotank, Camden, Dare, Currituck, Perquimans, Chowan and Gates counties.
For a free consultation about your personal injury or wrongful death case, contact us today by calling (252) 299-5300 or using our online form. Unless you recover monetary damages, we charge no fee.
J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, 1995
B.S., Cumberland College, 1992
Business Administration, Baseball Team (now University of the Cumberlands)
District Court, Superior Court, Court of Appeals, Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
Fourth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
U.S. Supreme Court
- Chair, Executive Director Search Committee, N.C. Advocates for Justices, 2016-2017
- President – N.C. Advocates for Justice, 2014-2015
- President-Elect, N.C. Advocates for Justice, 2013 – 2014
- Legislative VP, Executive Committee, N.C. Advocates for Justice, 2011 – 2013
- Board of Governors, N.C. Advocates for Justice, 2003 – 2009; 2010 – Present
- Political Action Committee Trustee, N.C. Advocates for Justice, 2006 – Present
- Auto Torts Section Chairman, N.C. Advocates for Justice, 2005-2006
- DWI Task Force, N.C. Advocates for Justice, 2005 – 2008
- Legal Affairs Committee, N.C. Advocates for Justice, 2007-2008, 2010 – 2011
- UATRA Committee, N.C. Advocates for Justice, 2008 – 2010
- PAC Selection Committee, N.C. Advocates for Justice, 2010
- “Holding Local Governments Accountable,” NCAJ Trial Briefs, February 2013. Co-authored with Burton Craige.
- Knoll and Pretrial Release Issues in DWIs, February 2014
- Entrapment, April 2012
- CDL / Double Jeopardy in DWIs, Client’s Brief to Court of Appeals, November 2011
- Disqualification of CDL Based upon 20-16.5 Revocation
- Alcohol Experts in Personal Injury Cases, February 2011
- Ins and Outs of DWI Vehicle Seizures, Trial Briefs, updated May 2010
- Public Duty Doctrine in State Tort Claims Act Cases, Trial Briefs, December 2006
- Membership Chair – The Pines of Elizabeth City, 2013-2014
- Handicap Chair – The Pines of Elizabeth City, 2012-2014
- Community Youth Sports Coach (baseball, basketball, soccer), various years
- Chair, Building Committee Chair, New Community Church