Legal Advocacy for the Injured
Motorcycle riders are particularly vulnerable among users of Northeastern North Carolina’s roads and highways. Motorcycle accident injuries have more than doubled in North Carolina and nationwide in the last decade.
A study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that motorcyclists most often suffer lower extremity injuries, such as leg injuries, pelvis injuries and ankle injuries. A motorcycle rider who sustains a single lower extremity injury has average hospital costs of $20,700 while a motorcyclist with multiple injuries may expect typical hospital costs of $56,000. With such serious medical bills at stake, the help of an experienced motorcycle lawyer is crucial.
The skilled personal injury and wrongful death lawyers at Glover Law Firm understand the serious injuries caused by motorcycle accidents and the complications they may entail. We are ready to help if you have been injured in a serious motorcycle accident in Northeastern North Carolina including Elizabeth City, Currituck County and the Outer Banks. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we get paid only if we obtain money for you.
While head and chest injuries in motorcycle crashes tend to be more severe, injuries to lower extremities — such as pelvic injuries, leg injuries with bone fractures, and ankle injuries — occur more commonly among motorcyclists treated at trauma centers and emergency rooms. One fourth of the motorcyclists who sustained a combination of lower extremity injuries and other injuries had hospital costs of more than $100,000, according to the 2008 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration study.
- Leg Injuries — More than one fourth of all lower extremity injuries in motorcycle accidents are leg injuries, according to a NHTSA study. Long bone fractures were the most common injuries while traumatic leg amputation or massive injuries from leg crush accounted for about 3 percent of leg injuries.
- Pelvic Injuries —The second most common type of lower extremity injury among motorcyclists is pelvic injury, accounting for nearly one fifth of injuries.
- Knee Injuries — Knee injuries are almost as common as pelvic injuries. Fractures of the tibia just below the knee joint, fractures of the knee cap (patella) and tears in the meniscus and ligaments are the most common. Knee injuries were reported in one out of every six motorcycle accidents involving lower extremity injuries.
- Thigh Injuries — Femur fractures are the most common thigh injuries, accounting for more than nine out of 10 thigh injuries among motorcyclists.
- Hip Injuries — A dislocated hip is the most common type of hip injury, accounting for more than one third of injuries incurred in motorcycle wrecks.
- Ankle Injuries — Fractures of the tibia and fibula, prominent bony structures of the ankle, account for most ankle injuries to motorcyclists.
Motorcycle accidents often occur because another motorist simply was not looking out for motorcycles and did not see the rider until it was too late to avoid a collision. No matter who is at fault, the motorcyclist is most vulnerable to injury in a crash. The median hospital cost for a motorcyclist with lower extremity injuries was more than $50,000.
When faced with those kinds of medical bills, it’s crucial to turn to an experienced Northeastern North Carolina lawyer who will fight for you and demand that you receive full compensation for your lower extremity injuries.Contact a Northeastern North Carolina Motorcycle Injury Attorney
If you have been involved in a serious motorcycle accident in Currituck County, on the Outer Banks or anywhere in Northeastern North Carolina, you need the guidance of an experienced North Carolina motorcycle accident injury lawyer. If you were injured through the fault or negligence of another driver, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries that will cover your medical bills and loss of income if you’re out of work for an extended period.
At Glover Law Firm, we will evaluate your motorcycle accident free of charge and advise you whether you have a valid personal injury claim.
The Northeastern NC personal injury lawyers of Glover Law Firm have successfully represented thousands of injury victims and their families for over a combined 50 years of practice. Every motorcycle accident has its own set of facts, but we have obtained six-figure and seven-figure settlements and verdicts for injured motorcyclists in northeastern North Carolina and the Outer Banks.
Our lawyers work on a contingency basis, so we do not get paid unless we obtain money for you. Our personal injury law firm has obtained some of the largest verdicts and settlements in Northeastern North Carolina.